Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 02 tbird, their is a small flap behind the drivers wheel, under the engine with two screws. That's all I needed to remove to access the low pressure port. Jack up drivers side with wheel all the way left.

I am trying to find the low pressure point on a friends 2002 thunderbird as he wants to try and add some frion to see if improves his air conditioning cooling. Has anyone done this? any tips?

I am trying to find the low pressure point on a friends 2002 thunderbird as he wants to try and add some frion to see if improves his air conditioning cooling. Has anyone done this? any tips?
You are going to love this one. It is behind the driver side front tire and you access it through the wheel well. Some say you can turn the wheel and get to it without having to remove the wheel. There are lots of threads on this in the forum

You are going to love this one. It is behind the driver side front tire and you access it through the wheel well. Some say you can turn the wheel and get to it without having to remove the wheel. There are lots of threads on this in the forum
Didn’t love it but with your help we did find it and got the job done...Thanks for the quick reply..

Note that the plastic panel people are talking about is not the fender liner but the lower panel above the control rod. :) charged, lets see if it holds. took all 20 oz of AC Pro. didnt get to yellow zone on the gauge
I have a 03 Bird, took the wheel off and see two plastic pieces, one is a vertical flap and the other a horizontal shield somewhat like a skid plate. Do you remove both. I do not even see the compressor

I have a 03 Bird, took the wheel off and see two plastic pieces, one is a vertical flap and the other a horizontal shield somewhat like a skid plate. Do you remove both. I do not even see the compressor

See the pictures on the 1st page of this thread. Very helpful.

To check AC pressure or add 134a turn steering wheel to far left place blanket on floor, on the bottom of the car you will see two black panels. remove them and you will see the AC compressor, the black cap is the low side (blue)where the AC pressure gauges attach. With the engine running about 1500 rps to 2000 rps the low (blue gage) should read about 45 degrees. AC gauges measure degrees, pressure, and vacuum,. Too much Freon is as bad as not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back