A Must See!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by blue2u:
Drool over this Saleen Tbird!
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/SEMA2002/Saleen1.htm

Well it certainly is different- so much so that it loses the retro feel that is associated with the car. From the side it looks like a low-rider.
The front is clean but it remonds me of a customized grill from a Ford F150--and the Tbird is gone. The rear- two 90 degree dorsal fins stuck on the trunk-- to what purpose?
It reminds me of the "car" that was painted the hideous color with some JC Whiney add-ons that is always in the back corner of a used car dealers lot, that they'll do anything to get rid of-- but like the saying goes----- there's an ass for every seat.
I guess I could have said simply- I don't really like it.

I'm sure the car has some kick-ass getup and go! But the changes are too radical for me. I like the manual stick and the 18" wheels. Don't like the changes to the front grill or the fins on the tail. All in all it’s a good job customizing. It’s just not for me.

------------------
TBird2003
No bird yet! But got one on order.

The thing I disliked most about the production car compared to the prototypes I saw in Detroit was the plastic chrome grill!
I love the billet grill and the from facia.
The hard tonneau is also great if it fits the trunk.
The rest I would not be interested in.

Leisha: I agree about the Grille. I wish someone would cast one, and not plastic, for the market. I would guess many of us would buy it.
Also, by the looks of that Tonneau cover, it appears that it would probably make your car a permanent convertable without being able to put the top up. It doesn't look as if it would fit in the trunk. Of course you may still have the Hard Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back