97 with q 4.6 won't start

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
S

Shawn davis

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My 97 third stalled out one day, I thought it was due to a cracked intake. Replaced that, as well as plugs and wires. Then coil packs as they had cracks in them. It tries to start when I crank it, but won't. I have checked or replaced everything I can think of with no success. Any ideas please.

My 97 third stalled out one day, I thought it was due to a cracked intake. Replaced that, as well as plugs and wires. Then coil packs as they had cracks in them. It tries to start when I crank it, but won't. I have checked or replaced everything I can think of with no success. Any ideas please.
Are you sure you used the right gaskets, the 94 and earlier are different, alex from Holland

[QUOTE = "Shawn davis, post: 68168, lid: 19191"]
Mijn 97 derde liep op een dag uit, ik dacht dat het te wijten was aan een gebarsten opname. Vervangen dat, evenals stekkers en draden. Rol vervolgens packs op omdat ze scheuren bevatten. Het probeert te starten wanneer ik het aanzet, maar zal het niet doen. Ik heb alles wat ik kan bedenken gecontroleerd of vervangen zonder succes. Om het zelfs welke ideeën alstublieft.
H.ello Shawn,wat heb je allemaal los gehad en wat zijn nu de symptomen. Alex

Are you sure you used the right gaskets, the 94 and earlier are different, alex from Holland
Alex, a 97 4.6 is it's own. Have you checked your fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator or your fuel filter?? It sounds like you're not getting fuel for o e reason or another. When ordering any parts you MUST check for proper application. Many parts will say DOES NOT FIT . Parts geek will let you know if the parts you want to order will fit. Always call and talk to someone before ordering.

Check your fuel pump, it may have died or the fuel pump relay could be bad.

I wonder about the IAC (idle air control valve). Try rapping it on the side with a hammer or a wrench. If the valve is stuck, that may dislodge it.

Back