57 bird tonneau cover installation

B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am looking for instructions for installing a tonneau cover. Is there an instruction video or instruction sheet available? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thank you, I will look into getting a copy.
RE; the trim and sealer manual:
Jim Yergin has said in the past that the one he got from NPD was much easier to read (clearer copy) than the one from CTCI.

I am looking for instructions for installing a tonneau cover. Is there an instruction video or instruction sheet available? Thanks
See my Thunderbird with tonneau cover. Get a bunch of "screw in" male end snaps and begin installing at the rear trim piece. Simply install a male snap to match up with the female snaps that are already on the tonneau cover. It will be beg you for more snaps as you progress down the passenger side and across the front stainless trim.. Don't need no stinkin' video !
Get er' done,
Charlie

57tbird 8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
See my Thunderbird with tonneau cover. Get a bunch of "screw in" male end snaps and begin installing at the rear trim piece. Simply install a male snap to match up with the female snaps that are already on the tonneau cover. It will be beg you for more snaps as you progress down the passenger side and across the front stainless trim.. Don't need no stinkin' video !
Get er' done,
Charlie
Thanks charlie, your bird is beautiful and is going to be very helpful. The tonneau cover that came with the car did not have snaps on it. ( just a bag of various snaps and screws ). Get er done slowly,

BO,
OUCH, no snaps.. that takes the fun out of what could have been a pleasant Sunday afternoon project.
Charlie

My car already has the snaps installed, I'am looking to buy the Tonneau from NPD this spring... You can't go wrong with the Trim and Sealer manual from NPD Nation Parts Depot.

Thanks, I got the trim and sealer manual . I purchased it from Hill. I was disappointed in the quality of the text. I can't make out a lot of it. Guess I should have bought from NPD.

On the tonneau , cover, I had to replace my original many years ago. I had a local shop make one for me. One thing I discovered was that the original had flaps that would completely cover the front & sides with pushbutton snaps on the floor just behind the door to secure it and completely cover the rag top. Do the ones from the known suppliers make their covers this way?

My T-Bird came with a conneau cover from the factory and one thing that I noticed on mine as opposed to the ones that are after market is that the rear of the cover is glued under the trim piece on the deck, behind the seat (no snaps on the back). There are 2 snaps on each door and the snaps on the chrome piece between the dash and the windshield which are also the head of the screws (special screws) that fasten the chrome trim down. I had to add the snaps to the new tonneau cover starting at the middle of the windshield and working around both edges over the doors and finished at the back deck. the hardest part was installing the snaps in the tonneau cover and peening the snaps without denting the head of the snap. But I found a way.

Back