'57 Adding an in-line electric fuel pump

I added a electronic fuel pump to simply prime the carb after my 57 sits a week or so. Saves the battery having to crank over the starter until the fuel finally reaches the bowls. It works great. And if I ever have a problem with my mechanical pump I can just flip the switch and make it home. There is a split in the fuel line just below the drivers side door, right above a bracket that is perfect to install the pump above. I installed the 12v 4psi pump with a inline breaker.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I pretty much copied what you did. The only diff is that I used a momentary switch so there is no chance the 12-volt pump is running on it's own. First responders would not know to look for a second pump. I ended up also replacing the orig mechanical fuel pump. This '57 sat in a storage container for 30 years. A combination of blended fuels and old gaskets caused it to start leaking. Thanks to some advice from @doug7740 I was able to replace it without taking it to the shop.

Back