56 Electric fuel pump/regulator

CtCarGuy

CtCarGuy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My new mechanical fuel pump gave out just after the warrantee (3rd one, other 2 defective, name brands). I give up. I have a small, inexpensive electric fuel pump I put in to prime the car. Now that pump has been my primary pump for about a year. I plan on leaving the mechanical pump in place but bypass it. My questions are:
1. Any one suggest a brand and model for a reliable, quiet pump to replace my current one?.
2. Do I need ( or want ) a fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks. Larry

Classictbird.com
I did bypass mine with this pump. Quiet and ez to install.

Attachments

• 9254C88F-D7C8-45F3-9E9C-74546B9CBB96.png
    9254C88F-D7C8-45F3-9E9C-74546B9CBB96.png
    725.2 KB · Views: 4
My new mechanical fuel pump gave out just after the warrantee (3rd one, other 2 defective, name brands). I give up. I have a small, inexpensive electric fuel pump I put in to prime the car. Now that pump has been my primary pump for about a year. I plan on leaving the mechanical pump in place but bypass it. My questions are:
1. Any one suggest a brand and model for a reliable, quiet pump to replace my current one?.
2. Do I need ( or want ) a fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks. Larry
I bought a couple of cheap square ones at a swap meet years ago. Put one on a 57 several years ago with no problem. It would click when you turned on the key until it was full and then silent. Used the other on a 58 with a 352 and had no problems. Did not need a fuel regulator.

I had a noisy electric pump and it bothered me. I tossed it and put in a carter right at the tank, not silent but very quiet and appears good quality. No regulator required.
Tom

Can you tell me where you bought these electric fuel pumps. My 57 goes through a new mechanical pump after a feww ekks, I am on my third (the first one was on the car). Very strange. I assume it needs to be a low pressure pump or it could force fuel trough the Holly Carb. I would prefer one that does not need a fuel regulator, just more to go wrong it seems. Thank you. Buck

Back