56 Electric fuel pump/regulator

My new mechanical fuel pump gave out just after the warrantee (3rd one, other 2 defective, name brands). I give up. I have a small, inexpensive electric fuel pump I put in to prime the car. Now that pump has been my primary pump for about a year. I plan on leaving the mechanical pump in place but bypass it. My questions are:
1. Any one suggest a brand and model for a reliable, quiet pump to replace my current one?.
2. Do I need ( or want ) a fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks. Larry

57tbird57

My new mechanical fuel pump gave out just after the warrantee (3rd one, other 2 defective, name brands). I give up. I have a small, inexpensive electric fuel pump I put in to prime the car. Now that pump has been my primary pump for about a year. I plan on leaving the mechanical pump in place but bypass it. My questions are:
1. Any one suggest a brand and model for a reliable, quiet pump to replace my current one?.
2. Do I need ( or want ) a fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks. Larry
I bought a couple of cheap square ones at a swap meet years ago. Put one on a 57 several years ago with no problem. It would click when you turned on the key until it was full and then silent. Used the other on a 58 with a 352 and had no problems. Did not need a fuel regulator.

Can you tell me where you bought these electric fuel pumps. My 57 goes through a new mechanical pump after a feww ekks, I am on my third (the first one was on the car). Very strange. I assume it needs to be a low pressure pump or it could force fuel trough the Holly Carb. I would prefer one that does not need a fuel regulator, just more to go wrong it seems. Thank you. Buck