55-57 Electrical Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoopie

Zoopie

Last seen
These birds have very unique electrical connectors and I have searched the web without finding them. I have only seen these on completed wiring harnesses, so they do exist. Anyone have a source for just the connectors that can be crimped onto existing wires?

I'm not quite sure which connectors you're talking about. I see these radios all the time, but not that familiar with the rest of the car. I know that bullet connectors were just starting to appear on Fords, and the radio lamp circuits have them. The speaker connector is a three-pin type, used since before the war (that third pin was for the field coil of pre-war speakers). As for other connectors in and around the car, I don't think they got too fancy as of yet. Do you mean the (round) bullet connectors?

Yes, the bullet connectors that are round and typically right angled, they look as though they are glued to the wires as you never see crimp marks, and come in various colors to match the wires they are connected to.

Most of the connectors I have seen are straight. Mac's sells the bullets and the connectors that take a bullet at both ends to make the connection. They also have the double connections for two connections with one connector. I would like to see a photo of the connectors you are talking about.

To the left is the current style of crimped connectors, not t-bird standard, the brown one to the rights is what is used throughout the car which cannot be found. Companies that make the wire harnesses won't sell ends, else why would you need to buy them vs making your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back