2005 Won't start after accident.

BarfingMonkey

BarfingMonkey

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello,

I searched but didn't find too much aside from the inertia switch.

The body shop can't get the car started, they said it might be the pump.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jack

2005 Ford Thunderbird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please include your model year in the subject line on future posts. Thanks. I added for you.

The body shop should be able to hear the pump.
What part of the car was damaged? Without knowing it is difficult to suggest. It would also be good to know just what exactly happens as the ignition is turned on. What if any dash light indicators are illuminated? Stuff like that would help.

Hello,

I plan on going by to see if I can get it started. What does the pump sound like? Where is it located, so I can place my head/ear near to that area?
I was taking a left turn, gassed it, and the car slid into a high curb, the front and rear passenger tires/rims hit the high curb(imagine the car parked on the side of the street, next to a curb, and somebody just T bones the car from the driver's side, right into the curb, that's kinda what happened, minus the T bone) solo crash. Broke the front A? or lower control arm. They said they hit the reset switch, but it still wouldn't start. They also said the pump could have fallen off in the gas tank.

Thanks!

Jack

Hello,

I plan on going by to see if I can get it started. What does the pump sound like? Where is it located, so I can place my head/ear near to that area?
I was taking a left turn, gassed it, and the car slid into a high curb, the front and rear passenger tires/rims hit the high curb(imagine the car parked on the side of the street, next to a curb, and somebody just T bones the car from the driver's side, right into the curb, that's kinda what happened, minus the T bone) solo crash. Broke the front A? or lower control arm. They said they hit the reset switch, but it still wouldn't start. They also said the pump could have fallen off in the gas tank.

Thanks!

Jack

You can use the search function on the site to find older threads like this that have answers to your questions- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/2002-t-bird-fuel-pump-replacement.5906/

The T-Bird has a saddle tank, half on each side of the drive shaft. There is 2 pumps one in each side. One pumps fuel forward to the engine, the other just pumps fuel from the one side to the other. The fuel tank is located behind the seats and under the flooring in that area. Pulling out the curved plastic trim pieces & lifting the carpet will expose the access to the fuel pumps. The sound is a whirling sound, very quiet.
Has the repair shop checked the fuel pump fuses.

Back