2005 Valve Cover threaded insert replacement

PLE999
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
When replacing the coils, some of the threaded inserts stuck to the coil cover screws. Is there any way to put them back into the valve cover and male them stay? An adhesive? Should I replace the screws with stainless steel to prevent them corroding in place, again?

20240402_095859.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi.
looks like a brass knurled insert was pressed into the head. Carefully grab it with vice grips so as not to distort the insert and try to get the screw out. A little heat might help, but be careful not to melt anything! Clean the threads on both parts. Use locktite on the insert and press it back into the head. Put ant-seize on the screw when you put it back together. You could use stainless, but use anti-seize as well.
Good luck!

When replacing the coils, some of the threaded inserts stuck to the coil cover screws. Is there any way to put them back into the valve cover and male them stay? An adhesive? Should I replace the screws with stainless steel to prevent them corroding in place, again?

View attachment 31056
Those appear to be ultraserts they are installed in the plastic valve covers using ultra sonic driver. Don’t use loctite ever on any type of plastic as it deteriorates plastics. Use high strength high temp epoxy for plastics like jb weld to retain them in the valve cover

Back