2005 To chrome or not to chrome

My 03 007 has been getting slowly de-chromed. It's not that I dislike chrome, it's that most of these aftermarket chrome pieces don't look OEM and look like a cheap add on. The door handle bezels look like the cheesy taped on piece that they are. I did leave the small handle piece on which actually looks OK. One of my tail light covers is loose on the top and it appears those don't get the 2 sided tape treatment. The mold parting lines and the sharp edges on these plastic chrome pieces wouldn't be appropriate on any new car.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Absolutely chrome! I was so excited there were add-ons available for when I at last got my dream car-A Thunder Blue model I've wanted for twenty years. I got the stripping, grill, etc everything except the headlight covers, and may still do that. I actually sent a few pieces back when I realized it might be overkill. The chrome beautifully compliments the white wall tires and the replacement white rag top to match the tires giving it a truly stand-out look.
I'll post some pics before the chrome and after to show what difference it makes.

I get so many questions and compliments on it. I always tell people they are out there, get one while you still can!
View attachment 30729
i like your chrome around the wheel wells!! are those installed with tape or do they have clips ?
i really don't want to drill any holes in my bird 😪 and where did you get them from ? i see them on thunderbird specialties but i have heard some bad things about them.

i like your chrome around the wheel wells!! are those installed with tape or do they have clips ?
i really don't want to drill any holes in my bird 😪 and where did you get them from ? i see them on thunderbird specialties but i have heard some bad things about them.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm very happy with them. But they are, in fact, the only chrome add-ons that I was unable to put on myself because of the lack of tape. I brought them to my cousin, who is handy with cars, and a drill was indeed required. I know you don't want to do that, but it's worth it. Do not get them from TS because they will price gouge you. I got them here on Amazon. It says currently out of stock, but if you message 707 Motoring, they can let you know when they will have them again. Best of luck. I think you will be happy with them if you do it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BGQ89H9F/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

Thanks for the kind words! I'm very happy with them. But they are, in fact, the only chrome add-ons that I was unable to put on myself because of the lack of tape. I brought them to my cousin, who is handy with cars, and a drill was indeed required. I know you don't want to do that, but it's worth it. Do not get them from TS because they will price gouge you. I got them here on Amazon. It says currently out of stock, but if you message 707 Motoring, they can let you know when they will have them again. Best of luck. I think you will be happy with them if you do it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BGQ89H9F/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20
thanks for all your help!! i will definitely look into getting these for (Blanche) that is the name my wife gave her and somehow it stuck!!! 🤣🤣
i think these will add to her beauty.😍😍

Great! That will give 'Blanche' an extra touch of class. All the best!

Mine is stock and it's going to stay that way. You can't improve on professional designers without looking tacky. I could make an exception for the protection where the hardtop fits.

Back