2005 Thunderbird HVAC Very low air flow.

A

ALATBIRDN

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Very low air flow with fan on high speed. Same low flow on air or heat, same low flow on all vent settings. Anyone with similar experience?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I would suggest changing the cabin filter as first step. When I became 2nd owner of my 2005 Bird, the seller gave me every service record of work done at the Ford dealer, I did not see that cabin filter was ever done. My AC flow was fair. I changed the air filter, about $18 at any parts store. Made a big difference, You won't believe the junk in there. It can be done without removing the wipers. Good luck

Changed Cabin Air Filter - needed replacement, however, did not solve air flow problem. To recap - very little air flow with fan on high. Doesn't matter if AC or heat. All vents affected. 1 year ago, replaced AC Compressor, Receiver/Drier, and Heater control valve. Mechanic who replaced these components suggested it is a problem with Air Vent/Duct, Ford PN 3W6Z18471CA (Part not available anywhere I can find) or some Mode Actuator door???
Anyone with similar experience/problem???

Back