2005 T2 Bronze color

C

Chuckles

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
New member here. I recently bought an '05 T2 Bronze Bird, and it sure looks like to me that the hard top is a slightly different shade or color. Are my eyes deceiving me? Thanks for any and all opinions or help.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Possibly the top stored more than the car was exposed to the sun and maybe is a little darker because it faded less????

We have an 05 Cashmere - the top appears a different shade in some lighting

If I recall correctly, Dot @ thunderbird forum said that was the case for Cashmeres because it is fiberglass and not body metal and shows the color different in some lighting situations

This premise could also hold for your color

The "stored" concept mentioned above could also affect it

May not have come with a top - maybe a used, painted to "match" but faded??

The paint difference between the the top and the rest of the car on my silver 05 left me trying to figure out an explanation too. I later learned that since the tops were made by an outside vendor and therefore not painted with the car there were these variations in color. Now that I know this I'm OK with it and just look at it as part of the story of these cars.

The paint difference between the the top and the rest of the car on my silver 05 left me trying to figure out an explanation too. I later learned that since the tops were made by an outside vendor and therefore not painted with the car there were these variations in color. Now that I know this I'm OK with it and just look at it as part of the story of these cars.

Makes sense to me, and now I feel like I'm ok with it. Thanks Mark.

New member here. I recently bought an '05 T2 Bronze Bird, and it sure looks like to me that the hard top is a slightly different shade or color. Are my eyes deceiving me? Thanks for any and all opinions or help.

I own a bronze (gold) 05 bird as well. My top is slightly different and since I store the top in the summer the fading explanation makes since. However the outside vendor explanation makes since too. Enjoy your bird—close one eye when you are admiring your car.

I've been tempted to have the silver top on my '04 painted black. Has anyone seen one like this, or a picture of one?

Back