2005 script removal on back right

Ron W.

Ron W.

Marilyn's Daddy
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I cant remember who told me this but I want to say thank you.
Using dental floss to get behind the broken script emblem and
sawing through the old adhesive worked like a charm. Took some
elbow grease to get the rest of the old adhesive off the car but
was well worth the effort.WhGILeftSnGdcpP%%go96A.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I cant remember who told me this but I want to say thank you.
Using dental floss to get behind the broken script emblem and
sawing through the old adhesive worked like a charm. Took some
elbow grease to get the rest of the old adhesive off the car but
was well worth the effort.View attachment 15775
Very nice Ron! Looks like you have a beauty. What is the interior? Enjoy the ride. One thing that is a constant surprise since purchasing my Thunderbird is how people ask me about the car, or just stare. I was at a 4 way stop recently with a new Corvette on the left and Challenger on the right. As I passed through the intersection, they weren't looking at each other, they were checking out the T bird-HA! Have fun!

Very nice Ron! Looks like you have a beauty. What is the interior? Enjoy the ride. One thing that is a constant surprise since purchasing my Thunderbird is how people ask me about the car, or just stare. I was at a 4 way stop recently with a new Corvette on the left and Challenger on the right. As I passed through the intersection, they weren't looking at each other, they were checking out the T bird-HA! Have fun!
Thanks :) I was so lucky to find her in near perfect condition with only 37K on her. Her interior is black. Have you kept your all original or added any chrome accents? I added the chrome on the air scoop and will be putting the Tbird decals in the hard top opera windows which will look like etched glass.

Thanks :) I was so lucky to find her in near perfect condition with only 37K on her. Her interior is black. Have you kept your all original or added any chrome accents? I added the chrome on the air scoop and will be putting the Tbird decals in the hard top opera windows which will look like etched glass.
E9F4DBF5-E581-4A83-953C-99B233657EB9_1_105_c.jpeg

That chrome bumper from the '56 is what I want to do first. Chrome rocker panels are on my list. My first change was new leather seat covers black and white ("tuxedo") from the all-black original. I did the usual Coil packs and plugs-what an amazing upgrade for performance and reliability. Good luck!

View attachment 15777

That chrome bumper from the '56 is what I want to do first. Chrome rocker panels are on my list. My first change was new leather seat covers black and white ("tuxedo") from the all-black original. I did the usual Coil packs and plugs-what an amazing upgrade for performance and reliability. Good luck!
yes that bumper would be so great!!! I have been looking for black with gray accent seat covers but haven't found anything i like yet. Were yours custom made? if so Id love to know who made them.

yes that bumper would be so great!!! I have been looking for black with gray accent seat covers but haven't found anything i like yet. Were yours custom made? if so Id love to know who made them.
I live in Wichita Falls, Texas. Becky's Interiors. She is a master. She replaced the worn-out parts, substituted the white down the the for the original black, and kept the embossed Thunderbird insignia. Wichita Falls is Northwest of Dallas-Ft. Worth 2 hours on the Oklahoma border. She was referred to me by the used car dealership. He said all the dealers in town use her for car seat repair. She did both seats a year ago for $900.

I live in Wichita Falls, Texas. Becky's Interiors. She is a master. She replaced the worn-out parts, substituted the white down the the for the original black, and kept the embossed Thunderbird insignia. Wichita Falls is Northwest of Dallas-Ft. Worth 2 hours on the Oklahoma border. She was referred to me by the used car dealership. He said all the dealers in town use her for car seat repair. She did both seats a year ago for $900.
Becky's website

Back