2005 Radio not working

TheBird41

TheBird41

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I recently purchased a used 2005 T-Bird and knew from the dealer that the radio was not working. I purchased a new one online and installed it, but it still appears that there is no power to the radio and I can't get anything to display, not even the clock. I have searched for the fuse boxes, but in one of the locations (passenger side) all I see is the Sirius XM radio and no fuse box. I don't know what to make of this and cannot find anything online that is helpful. Has anyone else solved this puzzle?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The fuses for the audio unit are located in the central junction box located behind the right kick panel, Fuse #18 is a 20 amp fuse that is hot at all times. Fuse #27 is a 10 amp fuse that is hot in the run or acc position. Fuse #2 is a 5 amp fuse that is hot in the start position.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Radio 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @doug7740. After I posted my wife said she didn't think I was looking in the right spot for the fuses. I argued that I had read the book and found the SiriusXM radio in that spot. She was right.

Opened that fuse box and ALL 3 of those fuses are missing! I have to assume that something happened to the old radio that made the prior owner remove those fuses, but I don't know. I have always had classic Chevys, so I don't know about Ford fuses so I will wait and go to the Ford dealer tomorrow to get these fuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back