2005 HVAC Center dash vents

Mlh

Mlh

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Greetings I have a broken vent on the center stack AC vent. My question is how do I remove safely from the dash board. It seams that when I start to pry and tug it'll come out but I don't want to break it. Any advice on it's removal and vent replace/repair would be appreciated

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You just leverage it out with a plastic trim removal tool. Nothing mysterious about it, if one of the louvers is all ready broken you're into a replacement anyway. Lincoln LS uses the same center vent and they come up on eBay every so often...

So, just suck it up and buy a new one and pop it in: Part- 3W6Z-19893-AAA Link to buy on EBay

Watch at 3:30 minutes into this video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finish this little job previous owner broke them I think putting radio in. There are two push clip on bottom of vents just gentle pry the center stack out and it will come out pretty easy. I went to local wrecking yard and bought one from a Lincoln for $35.00. Painted it flat black and reinstalled my wood grain and I am up and going again.

Greetings I have a broken vent on the center stack AC vent. My question is how do I remove safely from the dash board. It seams that when I start to pry and tug it'll come out but I don't want to break it. Any advice on it's removal and vent replace/repair would be appreciated
Buy the plastic tool kit. Gently feel for the two clips at the bottom of the vent. Pry upward to pull the bottom upward while holding the top out toward you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back