2005 Fuel tank pressure leak

BIRDSALL

BIRDSALL

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I needed to replace my 2005 fuel tank do to check engine light repeatedly coming on. It seems one of the modules on the top of the tank developed a small vapor leak where it is heat sunk into the tank. I have the old tank in hopes of repairing it as soon as I get the nerve. Just an fyi that I'm sure most of you already know, they do NOT make these tanks anymore so they are quite precious. In fact there are quite a few parts that are no longer in production for our new birds.....

Last edited by a moderator:
try Bondic glue
I don't know if its fuel proof , test first

I needed to replace my 2005 fuel tank do to check engine light repeatedly coming on. It seems one of the modules on the top of the tank developed a small vapor leak where it is heat sunk into the tank. I have the old tank in hopes of repairing it as soon as I get the nerve. Just an fyi that I'm sure most of you already know, they do NOT make these tanks anymore so they are quite precious. In fact there are quite a few parts that are no longer in production for our new birds.....
Is this a job you did yourself? I’m interested if the rear suspension has to be removed to drop the tank. I have a fuel leak somewhere on top of the tank of my 2002. It’s not the fuel pump flanges or the fuel return line fittings. Can’t find it using a bore scope. Any ideas on how you’re going to repair the vapor parts?

Pictures really help.

Back