2005 disable alarm when installing battery

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How to shut off alarm system on 2005 Thunderbird when installing battery?
I've changed the battery in my '05 but not triggered the alarm. I did connect a low Amp battery charger to the leads before disconnecting. I understand that protects some settings in the computer system from detecting a fault. Please correct if I'm in error.

I've changed the battery in my '05 but not triggered the alarm. I did connect a low Amp battery charger to the leads before disconnecting. I understand that protects some settings in the computer system from detecting a fault. Please correct if I'm in error.
p.s. as to my last reply I thought you needed to know how to shut off alarm when beeping for low or no battery connection.
When I changed my battery I connected my low amp charger and all the settings stayed the same. Sound good unless anyone else has a different approach.

My alarm only sounded after the battery change when I opened the car door.
As noted above, pressimg the key fob panic button turned it off. No need to
hook up anything when changing the battery. The Owner's Manual describes the
short procedures to get things calibrated again. Idling for several minutes with the
A/C on, adjusting the "short drop" windows, etc.

Was the car door open when you reconnected the battery ?

Back