2005 Cashmere Thunderbird Value in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Will an insurance company honor an appraisal paid for by the car's owner? Just seems like insurer will try to go off of internet pricing, which is all over the place. It's good if you have a high appraisal, though, because it gives you a place to start negotiations. Now, if the insurer allowed you to insure your car for that amount, then, I guess there shouldn't be any issues if the worst should happen. Can anyone who used their own appraisal to determine car's value after an accident enlighten us?

My two cashmere Tbirds appraised at more than what I insured them for.

Just remember you can get an appraisal for your car but I would contact insurance company with it and see if they will honor it. Just because some person says its worth a lot does not mean insurance company will agree.Does the appraiser have some back round accepted by the insurer?

Wouldn't it be nice if insurers offered a complimentary appraisal in order to get our business? Such an offer would sure get my attention.

I had a short book written here then realizied I had already commented in length.

In summary:

In my opinion the BaT Cashmere Edition, if as presented, was sold fairly and represented a good value for both sides of the transaction.

Appraisal for what purpose?

There's no chance that car would ever bring 40 grand. Show me one 2002-2005 that recently sold for more than 25,000. Most of the sold listings on ebay are for under 10 grand and a couple at 13-14k. A 2005 Ford Thunderbird 2dr Convertible 50th Anniversary with only 1,850 original miles sold for 25,000 on Ebay. Had nothing to do with the color, it's the miles. A 2004 also sold for 25,000 on BAT. The fact the two cars have less than 2,000 miles is the only reason they brought that much money. Frankly, I still think 25,000 is too much, but as @BillM said, it's all about what someone will pay. That car got a premium because it is practically brand new.
Your car has 32,000 miles on it, so you would get whatever market value is, which is well under 20,000. Frankly, I think it's hilarious that a "professional appraiser" can claim a car is worth 40 grand when one sold on an international selling platform for 25,000 that is practically brand new. Please note, that this car actually sold. As Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars constantly explains to people, just because someone lists something online doesn't mean it's worth that much. You have to look at completed auctions like this one below.
Also, it doesn't really matter "how rare" the car is either, I.E. only 20 were made with those options, etc.

Would also like to point out that a rare 1999 prototype car also sold for 25,000-
View attachment 10634

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back