2004 Vibration at 68 mph +

RUBY ICE

Have you had a road force 4 wheel alignment. not everyone offers this, and not all are good at alignment. The reason I bring this up is my
everyday car was a Genesis G90 which was a great car, but many owners had vibration and other highway speed issues. I never did on my
car, but some did, and had a hard time getting it fixed properly.

A good number did get the vibration fixed after a good road force 4 wheel alignment.

On both of my T Birds right after replacing the suspension I took my cars to the same alignment shop and had road force 4 wheel alignments
done on both cars. They both drive perfectly up to 85 the fastest I have been. Their alignment machine used lasers on their alignment
machines.
Hi....The hard thing is finding a true Road Force balancing shop. I have had several shops represent that they have the machine but don't. Your suggestion is confirmation that I really need to nail the tire balance done with a quality alignment. It is funny how it drives so well until I hit 65 or so then the road/wheel vibrations start. I had a 2002 and could take it above a hundred mph and it was excellent. I prefer my '04 and am determined to resolve the issues. Thanks for the feed back.

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi....The hard thing is finding a true Road Force balancing shop.
Not really, they have a search tool online. Tire Discounters stores have them and you will notice a lot of places are dealerships.

Have you had a road force 4 wheel alignment.
machines.
Alignment? If you look at their website, there is no mention of an alignment machine. They do have tire balancers.

On a side note, all tire balancers work, and based upon my personal experience for decades years before these high-tech balancing machines existed, I doubt they will correct a problem this pronounced. This is a fine-tuning type application to tweak performance.