2004 Thunderbird Accessory Pack

B

Bostonjoe

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
None
Hi, as part of my self-education process prior to buying a 2004 Thunderbird, I have viewed a few Youtube videos. Some show an accessory pack that came with the car (see photos). Does anyone know what was in there, and if substitutes are needed or available? I'm wondering if the paint protector strips were in that pack, to avoid having the hardtop scratch the paint. Those I would want to get.

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 9.58.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-26 at 10.02.12 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, as part of my self-education process prior to buying a 2004 Thunderbird, I have viewed a few Youtube videos. Some show an accessory pack that came with the car (see photos). Does anyone know what was in there, and if substitutes are needed or available? I'm wondering if the paint protector strips were in that pack, to avoid having the hardtop scratch the paint. Those I would want to get.

Thanks!
Just happen to have original complete "accessory pack" that contains the several sets of the protector strips and solution for mounting hardtop. Have not seen these available anywhere else. Also have original T-bird logo torx wrench for mounting. Generic wrenches go for about $40. If interested, you can have the kit and wrench for $150.IMG_0291.JPGIMG_0292.JPGIMG_0296.JPG

I bought my 2003 new and it came with about 6 Mylar strips cut to fit that you would put in place so the hardtop would not rub the paint. It also had a CD disc to show you how to put the top on. The warranty and owner's manual. It had the cloth top protector for storage and the Hardtop cradle to roll the top around plus the T bar wrench to tighten the two bolts that hold the front of the top down.

The Mylar protective strips have been discontinued from Ford. I bought a roll of Mylar tape and use that, The tape cost me $12 and it will allow for a lot of top chances.

Yes mine had the kit with strips.etc.......I bought the metal strip and it works well,,,,its not cheap but to each their own...I figure I am al old guy that has trouble lining iit up every time I would have to put one on so once was enough..looks great....do it once and be done......enjoy your TBIRD......Fun ride......Happy New Year.....70 and sunny here in AZ.....just put the hardtop on,,,,,,,,,

I also use the metal stainless steel strip for hardtop protection, it works fine, looks great and covered some 'misdeeds' in the paint from prior owner's carelessness.

Just happen to have original complete "accessory pack" that contains the several sets of the protector strips and solution for mounting hardtop. Have not seen these available anywhere else. Also have original T-bird logo torx wrench for mounting. Generic wrenches go for about $40. If interested, you can have the kit and wrench for $150.View attachment 15011View attachment 15012View attachment 15013
If the car I'm interested in works out, I should own it in 3 weeks. Will get back to you then, as that car definitely is missing these items, and I would want to but the kit from you. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Yes mine had the kit with strips.etc.......I bought the metal strip and it works well,,,,its not cheap but to each their own...I figure I am al old guy that has trouble lining iit up every time I would have to put one on so once was enough..looks great....do it once and be done......enjoy your TBIRD......Fun ride......Happy New Year.....70 and sunny here in AZ.....just put the hardtop on,,,,,,,,,
Hi FANZ Can you tell me were you purchased the metal strip for the top - sounds like a long lasting improvement. I've looked and can't find who sells them
Thanks.

Back