2004 Soft boot cover - when installed what keeps the boot from sagging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

04 T-bird

Merlot/Silver Birds
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
We have just received a soft boot cover from J&R Upholstery. The boot looks outstanding but it sags when installed. Is there something that can be installed to have that puffy look I've seen on other boots? If you want to see a photo of the boot, give me a shout. Thanks, Gary Craig/Chugiak Alaska

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

1- A photo would help.
2- What does J&R Upholstery say?

We just learned that there is foam rubber inside the boot which gives it that fuller appearance.
That being said, we shall return the boot to have the foam rubber installed. By the way, this is the first boot that Rich of J&R Upholstery has manufactured for a T-Bird - I would assume we are part of his R&D team. The boot looks like an OEM boot and significantly cheaper. When the boot is returned from Rich, we'll post pictures on the Forum. Gary Craig/Chugiak,AK

We just learned that there is foam rubber inside the boot which gives it that fuller appearance.
That being said, we shall return the boot to have the foam rubber installed. By the way, this is the first boot that Rich of J&R Upholstery has manufactured for a T-Bird - I would assume we are part of his R&D team. The boot looks like an OEM boot and significantly cheaper. When the boot is returned from Rich, we'll post pictures on the Forum. Gary Craig/Chugiak,AK

Thanks, I would greatly appreciate it! It’s the one thing I’m looking for to top off a great looking Teebird!

Looking forward to your final judgment as well as pictures. I'm gonna guess I'm not the only one that would be interested in a good quality aftermarket cover.

What is J&R charging, with foam, I may want to get one and save my original too?

These top covers are rare and hard to locate. I bought another tbird and it had 2 covers in the trunk so my quest is over trying to locate one. Almost same for the original folding top stand. Getting impossible.

We have just received a soft boot cover from J&R Upholstery. The boot looks outstanding but it sags when installed. Is there something that can be installed to have that puffy look I've seen on other boots? If you want to see a photo of the boot, give me a shout. Thanks, Gary Craig/Chugiak Alaska
Let me ask ,is there a foam like lining on the underside of the vinyl ?

Enclosed are pictures of the soft boot we received from J&R. The boot is canvas like the original soft boot. When we get the boot back from Rich with the foam rubber inserted we will have more pictures to sharephoto.jpg - stayed tuned. Thanks Gary Craig/Chugiak, AK

Just got off the phone with Rich from J&R (he's in Yuma AZ). He quoted a price of $450 if anyone is interested. He said it takes 2 days to make once he gets started on it, but he is a full-fledged upholstery shop, so he does the work in the order it's received.

Just got off the phone with Rich from J&R (he's in Yuma AZ). He quoted a price of $450 if anyone is interested. He said it takes 2 days to make once he gets started on it, but he is a full-fledged upholstery shop, so he does the work in the order it's received.
I’m already interested in having one with the foam installed. Let me know when I’m able to order one please

I spoke with Rick's son, Rick has passed. I do not think there will be any more updates from him.

So sorry to hear that I did send an e mail to the upholstery shop in Arizona haven’t heard back yet thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back