2004 Remote start, stop also?

JW in Dixie

JW in Dixie

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Four presses of the remote unlock button starts the engine. Can the remote stop the engine? I think this is a dealer-added feature and I find no mention of it in the manual.

I want to run the engine every few days from my 4th floor apartment because I seldom run it in the Winter. It is outside, covered. Yes, I may have to modify the cover to allow exhaust to exit.

Thanks for any help.

Think Spring! :)

The feature was not offered by Ford. So it was probably added by the dealer. All I can suggest is trying the way my factory Chrysler system works. Two presses starts my car and another two turns it off. Try pressing yours four times to see if it stops. Yours doesn’t automatically time out? Mine will only run for 15 minutes.

The feature was not offered by Ford. So it was probably added by the dealer. All I can suggest is trying the way my factory Chrysler system works. Two presses starts my car and another two turns it off. Try pressing yours four times to see if it stops. Yours doesn’t automatically time out? Mine will only run for 15 minutes.
THANKS, will give that a try. Cheers

Four presses of the remote unlock button starts the engine. Can the remote stop the engine? I think this is a dealer-added feature and I find no mention of it in the manual.

I want to run the engine every few days from my 4th floor apartment because I seldom run it in the Winter. It is outside, covered. Yes, I may have to modify the cover to allow exhaust to exit.

Thanks for any help.

Think Spring! :)
My ‘04 has a unique Ford 4-button remote with its own separate start button. The start sequence in the printed literature says to press lock button then the start button. If yours works you’re lucky. After spending a lot of money troubleshooting my remote start doesn’t work. I can’t begin to tell you how to kill the engine with the remote since mine has never worked. Best of luck.

THANKS, will give that a try. Cheers
Thanks, Bond 007. Yes, 4 presses starts the motor and 4 presses stops it. Now I can run the motor every few days from my apartment without getting out in the cold.
Cheers

Actually the remote start was indeed offered by Ford as a dealer-installed option.
Does that mean there was a second remote for start/stop, or was it combined with lock/unlock and alarm functions?

Does that mean there was a second remote for start/stop, or was it combined with lock/unlock and alarm functions?
No second remote. All functions were on one Ford remote. One of its drawbacks is that it was not two-way. That is, if someone was monkeying with your car while the alarm was set, the system did not contact your remote.

Back