2004 Merlot heater fan

paulrl

paulrl

paulrl
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just got my Tbird. Started the deal last fall but it was in storage and not accessible. Had my mechanic check it over. The AC compressor needs replacing. Also, on a short drive the heater fan stopped working. Is it a big deal to have the fan fixed/replaced?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

First thing you have to do is see if the fan motor is bad, or is the resistor block that provides
the various fan speeds bad. Could also possibly be the auto temp control module where the
fan speeds are selected. Does the high fan speed work, does the auto temp control module
light up, and if you select different fan speeds does the display show the various displays
for the different fan speeds. Have never fooled with fan motor before so not sure how
hard to get to.

You can also get an ohm meter and ohm test the motor.

First thing you have to do is see if the fan motor is bad, or is the resistor block that provides
the various fan speeds bad. Could also possibly be the auto temp control module where the
fan speeds are selected. Does the high fan speed work, does the auto temp control module
light up, and if you select different fan speeds does the display show the various displays
for the different fan speeds. Have never fooled with fan motor before so not sure how
hard to get to.

You can also get an ohm meter and ohm test the motor.
I’m away right now but défi some things to check. Thanks!

Back