2004 measuring suspension ride height

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thank you Doug. I'm sure this info is correct. Trying to apply it has me puzzled. With no lift, lying on the ground working around the tire to take measurements will be difficult. And you can't torque the control arm fasteners with the wheel on. With the wheel off and the car on a jack stand, and placing a bottle jack under the lower arm or the rotor or axel, I am trying to develop a way to jack it to the correct height and then torque the fasteners. How to do this?
I'm thinking that with all 4 wheels on the ground and control arm fasteners just lose, measure the height of the center of the wheel relative to the frame rail (the edge where the jack recesses are) using a straight edge extended back or foreward to the wheel center. With the car back on jack stands, duplicate this measurement by jacking the wheel up and torque the fasteners. Does this make sense? Is my logic flawed? The car has all new shock/strut assys. and control arms.
Now then, when I have a 4 wheel alignment, I wonder how they keep this all correct. What do you think?

Back