2004 Kenwood DMX1057XR eXcelon 10.1" HD Car Stereo Receiver

Slowwalker3045

Slowwalker3045

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
had a older Kenwood touch screen in my Thunderbird and it was great, Bluetooth, Navigation backup camera all that stuff but problem was , when I had the top down I couldn't see the screen. I'm heading to the States next month to pick up a hardtop for the car and didn't want to go there with not begin able to read the maps. So I ordered a Pioneer avh-w4500nex. Has a brighter screen Wireless android autoFront and rear backup camera navigation everything that I would need. Sales guy says 2 weeks to get it, That was 10 weeks ago getting down to the crunch I decided to go with the only other one I could find with the same options. The Kenwood DMX1057XR. It has everything I want and more. Only thing is it's a 10" floating screen. I installed it yesterday and it works great. Just trying to get around the fact it's such a great big screen. I know the purest will look at this and go oh my God. I'm not that bad but I'm still trying to figure out if I like it or not. I like the features but I guess I have to get used to the size of the screen.

Kenwood DMX1057XR purchase link- https://amzn.to/3AmF1A0

Pioneer avh-w4500nex Purchase Link on Amazon- https://amzn.to/3QrbDxX
20220813_185059.jpg20220813_185344.jpg20220813_164206.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of kit is used for the installation? Does it use a standard double DIN?

Nice!

See my thread on the Kenwood DNR1007XR in a 2004. Same as yours but mine has built in Nav.

I suggest moving the microphone to the driver’s side windshield support (A Pillar). It’s straightforward given the wonderful side panels in the dash.

These days rear (and front) cameras are a must. It’s best to have those on a bigger screen. CarPlay does much better on the bigger screen as well.
I’m taking mine to my friends at the audio shop where I bought it. They believe the can move it up and out a half inch each. That would make it perfect!

I had the microphone on the driver's side piller on my 2003. The 2004 had it mounted there , but need to move it to the piller (better for the voice to text).
I moved mine to the top point. Can be done in the car, 4 screws on the side behind the screen.

Back