2004 has no "Ford" name badges

BLUDICE
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I’ve noticed there’s a lack of any “Ford” name badge anywhere on the car- why?

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thunderbird from the beginning of the car, they never put FORD on the car. Thunderbird was meant to be a special car different from the fret of the Fords.

Thunderbird from the beginning of the car, they never put FORD on the car. Thunderbird was meant to be a special car different from the fret of the Fords.
My 2004 has wheel covers with the word Ford on them.
I only have three left and they appear to be irreplaceable!

That’s what the original hubcaps were like as well, but the car doesn’t .

My 2005 has ford on the center caps as well

Here’s my center cap
63185349-8576-4799-AF1F-BD5C1C145825.jpeg

Possibly Bluedice does not know the history of the Special marque name of Thunderbird.
Ford had no intention to make the Thunderbird part of the everyday line up of Ford models. Ford wanted the Thunderbird to be unique. It was throughout all its build years.

Retro designers bein' Retro. They (fortunately) didn't use the blue oval stamp. They did tastefully add the old-timey FORD lettering on the caps. One reason I don't want to change out the wheels. Something about 16 spokes with the creamish caps looks right on a merlot. Yum!

Mine also has Ford on the center cap of my 16 spoke wheels.
The black plastic door sill guard has a silver metal trim plate insert with the traditional Ford script within the oval followed by the word Thunderbird in script. Look down when you open the door; you'll see it.

Wow, never knew that. Had to go to the garage to check to see if my 2005 Bronze has it and yes it does.

Back