2004 hard top rattles

BLUDICE
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does your hard top creak and rattle while driving - if so is this normal - or is there some sort of adjustment needed

Last edited by a moderator:
Creak and rattle while driving - if so is this normal - or is there some sort of adjustment needed
When I first got my 2002 6 years ago the hard top did creak and rattle while driving.. Come to find out, both my mounting torxs #40 bolts were not ingaged into the hardtop.. I also did not have the torx hardtop wrench with the car.. So after buying the torx #40 wrench and engaging the two front bolts into the hardtop, it cleared up all the rattles.. Make sure the two levers in front of the portholes are also engaged forward. I also spray silicone spray lubricant on all rubber seals on both the hardtop and the windshield channel whenever I pot the hardtop on or off.. Hope this helps..

Does your hard top creak and rattle while driving - if so is this normal - or is there some sort of adjustment needed
if the tightening the header bolts doesn't work adjust your hard top latches

Where does the rattle come from if it’s the rear most likely the plastic piece that the locating pin goes through is missing.as for treating the rubber I suggest pure silicone that divers use it comes in a paste and is easy and non greasy to rub all your seals with non petroleum based which most silicones are not .also no overspray to deal with got it on Amazon forget the brand name

Yes, like a marble in a gallon jar until I started using 1" pipe insulation cut in half and inserted along the back roof line about 3/8 onto the deck. Lock it down and there's no bounce, rattle or creak. Doing this the last 10 East Coast winters.

Back