2004 Factory Paint Match Pearlessence White

Tboy
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Any chance of matching the paint on my 2004 T'bird Merlot with factory original? Recently had a 2012 Auto that was painted Pearlessence White. The body shop said they couldn't match the original paint, it would be white but without the Pearl. Anyone had this problem...?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Subject "Paint Match" changed to 2004 Merlot Factory Paint Match. Please follow posting instructions.

modelyear.jpg

any competent paint store should be able to match your paint. That being said if your car was wrecked they would have to match the paint it may require a professional painter to blend it in but they do this everyday.

Find a newer body shop that has all the new technology and new paint booths

Try this website. I ordered from them for my Inspiration Yellow 2002 Bird and it matched perfectly. Quality stuff.
Sam

Solid colors are much easier to match than one like your Merlot with pearl in it. Just because it is the same color code does not mean it will match. There are variations on the color code from the factory, that is why you need a shop or professional automotive paint store to match,and then someone with a headed paint booth minimum to paint the parts. Good luck there should be someone near you who can do it.

The local NAPA store here has a hand held gun that they hold to the object that they want to match paint for. The gun scans the paint then plugs into a computer in the store that mixes the paint match automatically.

That should get your paint very close. I would paint a test panel before I painted the part for the car to test for color match. Store may even have some test squares like body shops use to test for color match before they paint on the vehicle. Hope this helps,

Back