2004 Driver Seat trim panel falling off

04Tunderbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone had to repair their lower seat trim panel. My driver seat lower panel keeps coming off ,because the stand offs that hold it on are broken.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When you post to the forum please follow the instructions for the subject. Posting "drivers seat" isn't a summary.. Updating for you.

summary-of-post.jpg model-year.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone had to repair their lower seat trim panel. My driver seat lower panel keeps coming off ,because the stand offs that hold it on are broken.
If you are talking about the plastic trim piece that runs around the bottom of the seat. my 88 Turbo and my 96 Super bird had the same problem. The plastic sanctions break off, I simply super glued the parts back together, several times. Even tried some epoxy on the inside of the seat, seemed to last the longest. Good luck.

Last edited:
I had this same problem. The Ford dealer, local, could not get the part through Ford. I went through a different vendor, can't recall who now and when I got the part I took it to a local body shop and they installed it. Now, it is good as new.

I think this happened almost two years ago, and you are right any and all TBird parts are getting more difficult to find as time passes on.

I had this problem on the passenger side a few months ago. The drivers side piece was still listed as available at several outlets then but the passenger side was not. I had to track down someone parting out a car who was willing to sell me just that piece.

Back