2004 Disable Door Chime

WesTxStoner425

WesTxStoner425

2004 Platinum over Sand interior
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is there a way to disable just the open door chime (alert)? Having it go off EVERY time the door is open gets old. Maybe if door is left open too long, but just getting in and out, the chime going off gets old. Anybody have a solution? Maybe it's just me...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Is there a way to disable just the open door chime (alert)? Having it go off EVERY time the door is open gets old. Maybe if door is left open too long, but just getting in and out, the chime going off gets old. Anybody have a solution? Maybe it's just me...
Mine only goes off if I leave the lights on or key in the ignition so it shouldn't be going off all the time, may be a problem in there somewhere.

Mine only goes off if I leave the lights on or key in the ignition so it shouldn't be going off all the time, may be a problem in there somewhere.
Same here.

Yeah, I tried to find a "door open" switch, but couldn't locate one. Previous owner said he'd had to have a locksmith come out once because he'd lost the keys, don't know if he had the entire cylinder replaced, possibly causing a faulty "key still in ignition" issue. Might not be related to the door at all, maybe car thinks I've forgotten my keys. No interior lights remain on once door is closed, headlights auto-shutoff after a reasonable time. Car always starts without issues.

Is the 'door open light' on, on the dash?? The switch for the 'door open' is built in to the door latch, the part that holds the door closed. The door panel needs to be removed to gain access to it. Can be found online and replaced. See link

Last edited:
Back