2004 alternator output

Xssive

Xssive

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
What should the alternator be putting out voltage wise. Just picked up this car yesterday and it's putting out about 15.4v
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think that's a bit higher than the 14-14.5 volts no load that is "normal." I'm not sure that it is worrisome given all variables possible.

Update.... When I took my first reading I was using my load tester. After thinking for a while I decided to use my Fluke meter just to see what it would say. Showed 14.43. All is well now.

hello experts... new tbird owner here... my 04 tbird.. has a very special issue,
>>>my battery light stays ON Everytime I start it up ,( voltmeter says 12.6v). But when I REV up the motor to 2600rpm for few seconds and back to idle , it will Turn off and Stay off.( voltemeter says 14.8v ). as long as I do not turn the Motor Off...,, because of this I have a Bnew oem alternator . bnew battery, and bnew fusible link... but the problem stays... everything on the car works..perfect drives fine.. only happens every time is start it. /// appreciate your help

Back