2003 Thunderbird shown at NAIAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
The Detroit News published this photo of the 2003 Thunderbird production model.
fordtbird.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hmm! Thought that car was being billed as the Custom shown last summer in Pebble Beach. Don't think they're released any info on the 2003 yet. Will have to check this out.

Dot-

That is the car shown at Pebble Beach last year-was a one-of and will not be built as a 2003.

Coral is the only color that has been announced so far-the other is still a mystery at this time.

------------------
**********, **************************

Birdman93-

Not exactly. This isn't offical, but.... Last week when I was at Wixom, I was lucky enough to have Mickey D'Armi along with us on our plant tour. When I asked about new upcoming colors I was told that the 2003/2004 model year colors have already been set. Mickey also, as a hint, asked what I thought of the charcoal grey car shown at Pebble Beach. He had quite a grin on his face too! So I think we can probably count on that as being your second 2003 color.

Sorry-but that is what I was told by Bill Clay Ford, Jr., during a conversation this past week. That Thunderbird Custom was built as a one-of concept-and due to the financial problems, Ford would NOT be building any production units of concepts like the Ford 49, the GT-40, and the Thunderbird Custom at the present time. If they do use that Gunmetal Grey, it will be on a production unit, not on the Custom. The discussion was on whether or not the particular car shown was a 2003, and it is not. It is the car being billed as the Thunderbird Custom, and has been shown frequently since the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. And as of yet Ford has NOT announced which colors will be replacing the Thunderbird Blue and Inspiration Yellow-so actually both colors are still a mystery, wink and grin from D'Armi notwithstanding.

------------------
**********, **************************

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back