2003 TBIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
HKS
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know if we might see a 2003 TBIRD with hard-top only? I need the space taken up by the rag-top assembly. MY 56 TBIRD had more space behind the seats for storage. The trunk is useless for luggage.

H. Siegl Lincoln ,NE

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

HKS:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you about the trunk being useless for luggage. My wife & I have packed for 2 weeks in a car with a much smaller trunk. It's a matter of how you pack. Use lots of little bags rather than a few big ones, and you'll have no problem.

Best of luck,

Tom M

Forget "luggage." My wife and I have travelled for nearly five years in a Sebring convertible with a trunk much larger than the Tbird's, but still not quite big enough for traditional luggage.

Our suggestions: Use one "soft" bag to carry things into your lodging (or just stick it under your arm and forget the bag entirely, which is what we usually did). Stash the rest of your stuff loose in the trunk, and carry it in under your arm as needed,except of course for your "shaving" kit or "cosmetic" bag (which in our case were soft bags).

Who cares,nowadays, anyway?

Go minimalist....

I plan to cruise over a 2 week period this summer... I dont plan to bring anything more than what would fit in a single gym bag.

Now lets see if I can get the wife to do the same.

Originally posted by Tom M:
HKS:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you about the trunk being useless for luggage. My wife & I have packed for 2 weeks in a car with a much smaller trunk. It's a matter of how you pack. Use lots of little bags rather than a few big ones, and you'll have no problem.

Best of luck,

Tom M

HKS
I have resigned myself to soft luggage already. I will be upset if they do offer the TBIRD with Hard Top only in 2003. I just missed geting a red convertible. My head touches the top in the convertible and clears when I lean back. In the Hard Top my head clears sitting up and touches when I lean back. It looks like they forgot about tall people. Dont't get me wrong, I am going to get one.

Color TBIRD Blue and White Top just like my old 56. The 56 had a continental kit on it.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back