2003 supplemental parking light Install

Slowwalker3045

Slowwalker3045

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi There
Question about install. I just picked up a 2003 and it does not have the fog or supplemental parking lights from factory. I have read posts and found the wiring and light part numbers and i was wondering if i pull off the blanks that cover the holes is there the light mounting brackets there?
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please add the model year in the subject on future posts. I've added for you.
3676_dfcbeb56d81a520d37a8757f20df52ee.jpg

Hi There
Question about install. I just picked up a 2003 and it does not have the fog or supplemental parking lights from factory. I have read posts and found the wiring and light part numbers and i was wondering if i pull off the blanks that cover the holes is there the light mounting brackets there?
Thanks

Wow, I'm surprised to find out that they were optional! I had always assumed they were standard equipment. I would be interested how much of the functionality was pre installed.

Wow, I'm surprised to find out that they were optional! I had always assumed they were standard equipment. I would be interested how much of the functionality was pre installed.
Canadian Thunderbirds did not have the bumper-mounted lights because they did not meet the government front impact standards. It was very common for dealers or customers to retro-fit the lights. Most retro-fits involved making them the daytime running lights.

Canadian Thunderbirds did not have the bumper-mounted lights because they did not meet the government front impact standards. It was very common for dealers or customers to retro-fit the lights. Most retro-fits involved making them the daytime running lights.
That's a great idea.

For safety I always turn on "parking light" switch when driving, using as daytime running lights on my 2004 Pacific Coast Edition. This turns on the two bumper lights, lower portion of headlamps, F&R side marker lights, and the taillights. Of course, I have to remember to turn off light switch when engine is off, but there's an annoying signal sound to remind me. Anything to help other drivers notice car and, hopefully, not crash into it.

Back