2003 rear suspension squeaks constantly

C

Calvin

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anyone have a solution for the constant squeaking in the rear suspension?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Does his include the clunking that I’ve had since 2006 in my 2005?
It spent a week at the dealer without rectification that year

Does his include the clunking that I’ve had since 2006 in my 2005?
It spent a week at the dealer without rectification that year
You could have bad suspension parts, or since it happened early in the car’s life, it might be a bad weld in the body where a suspension part bolts on, or a bad shock mount, or maybe a bad bushing where a suspension subframe mounts. It takes watching and listening from below while someone agitates the car to make the noise. Work for younger folks than I.

Aluminum suspension components don’t lend themselves to replacement of bushings, which is very likely the source of your squeaking noises. I just replaced the toe rods, stabilizer bar, and upper and lower control arms on both sides, and did the shocks since the entire rear end was apart anyway. Upside? No squeaks, groans or otherwise annoying noises. Downside? About $3,000US. Upside? My 15 year old Thunderbird (2004) handles and sounds like a brand new car.

The slow degradation of suspension performance over the years can really sneak up on you. The night and day difference since I had the work done is amazing. In fact, my wife says the annoying bitching from the driver’s seat has also disappeared .

The squeaking and knocking of the suspension is usually caused by bad bushings, The control arms
are made of aluminum, and you can not replace the bushings, you have to replace the complete part.
Many people sell these parts in kits, and are not expensive. The parts to change out all four corners,
including two steering knuckles, and all four shocks-struts will cost $1,166.00. I have done this to
two 2002 T Birds, and they both drive like a dream now.

The right way is to replace the control arms and other parts. That said for a quick fix while waiting on my parts to come in I sprayed some JB chain lube on the joints and bushings and was quiet as a mouse till I got around to replacing everything under the car

The squeaking and knocking of the suspension is usually caused by bad bushings, The control arms
are made of aluminum, and you can not replace the bushings, you have to replace the complete part.
Many people sell these parts in kits, and are not expensive. The parts to change out all four corners,
including two steering knuckles, and all four shocks-struts will cost $1,166.00. I have done this to
two 2002 T Birds, and they both drive like a dream now.
I need to replace the exact same things on my 2003 T-Bird. Would you please provide me with your source of parts. That would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have a solution for the constant squeaking in the rear suspension?
Put the car on a lift and spray all the bushings with pure silicon spray, try and flood the top of all the rubber bushings. Do not use any type of oil base product or oil of any kind as it deteriorates rubber. Drive the car exercising the suspension. Wait a week and repeat this will help and most likely solve your problem. Ford in their cost saving used real low end rubber on boots and bushings, Hope this helps, remember use only pure silicon.

Back