2003 prices(attn. dealers/salesmen/RKIs) | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 prices(attn. dealers/salesmen/RKIs)

• Thread starter Thread starter cool57
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cool57

Reaction score
How much are '03s going for in various locales? Dealer 90 min from me has '02 in desirable Turq. LOADED asking sticker, says(we talked on phone) money talks-naturally(he will negotiate in person). Realistically though how low can he go? If some dealers are selling '03s for $1800 below sticker he'd >really< have to sweeten the deal on a '02(wouldn't he?). Will FOMOCO withhold his '03s 'til he sells his '02s? (He's pretty huge.)Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by cool57:
Will FOMOCO withhold his '03s 'til he sells his '02s? (He's pretty huge.)Thanks!

It's my understanding they have already been allocated the 2003's. It also has to do with how long the car has been listed on the floorplan. After a month, they start paying interest on the car to sit on the lot. Have you tried a price quote?

Go to http://www.absoluteautos.com and see who calls you back!

My Tbird is at dealer. I will have my '03 sticker tomorrow. I did pay $1800 below MSRP when I ordered in September 02 here in Houston. There are '02s everywhere here. My dealer has three on the floor and just got another '02 with my '03.

'03 Sticker price as Follows:
Standard vehicle with top $39,885.00 Add $695 for partial interior color (Saddle) accent pkg. and $555 for shipping destination and you arrive at $41,135.00 As mentioned before, I received an $1800 discount when I placed order in Spetember. I also have a copy of the dealer invoice that shows car sold to dealer at $36,552 plus $619 for partial Interior, $555 for destination and $24.57 for 13 US gal. of gas. This would mean that the dealer/salesman made $1384.43 when all is said and done. They still have to supply a third key and touch-up paint as part of the deal.

This is my fifth vehicle purchase from the salesman in 6-7 years. It is part of our personal arrangement that he supplys me with the additional key and touch-up stick out of his commission.

When you figured the dealer's profit you must also include 3% of MSRP for holdback plus 1.5% if he is a Blue Oval dealer, which adds another @ $1,800 to his profit, so in effect you paid full retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back