2003 Pressure release power windows not working

M

Midnight train

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My pressure release power windows have developed a problem. The passenger door works fine but the drivers door won’t go back up when it closes and every time you open the door it goes down an inch or 2 each time. Anybody else have this problem if so is there a fix?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My pressure release power windows have developed a problem. The passenger door works fine but the drivers door won’t go back up when it closes and every time you open the door it goes down an inch or 2 each time. Anybody else have this problem if so is there a fix?

"Pressure release windows" is vauge and doesn't include the model year. I've updated your subject to summarize your post.

summary-of-post.jpg model-year.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much, I was worried I was going to have a big bill. I tried your method with the 3 to 5 seconds up and down works perfect now, I am elated… LOL
Great to hear! This is a great place to read all the old posts for amazing tips and tricks to keep our sweet rides stylin' and purring!

Hey Midnight Train, I had this with my right window. I found the suggestion to open fully or close fully and then release the button and re-push and hold for a few seconds to do a reset. You might try that and see. It didn't work for me, but then the Ford dealer discovered that prior to my purchase of my 2003 someone had removed the right door panel and hard wired the window to work but not the 1" down/up feature. They fixed that and now it works properly. Good luck.

Back