2003 oil seepage

Jeffb1062
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I went over somethings today change the cabin filter (original yuck) and gave her a bath. I notice these have oil sweats or seepage around them,what are they is it a oring, grommet that can be easily changed.? Both sidesEDD02993-638E-452C-B65A-C8F18852F0B1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

those are easy to change, just remove the electrical plug, then use a large flat screw driver to pry the O' ring out and just push the new O ring in.

They are actually gromets, hopefully you can still get them at your Ford dealer. 2003 to 2005 used them.

those are easy to change, just remove the electrical plug, then use a large flat screw driver to pry the O' ring out and just push the new O ring in.
I obtained one of the grommets and will put it on in the next few days, hopefully as u say it should be a simple task.,,let u know how it goes. Thanks

I found one on EBay for $10.00, I didn't get two for now as I want to see how easy it is to replace. With the part number and a good search they should be around this price or lower sometimes.

Installation was very simple as stated all you need is a plastic tip screwdriver (to not scratch the valve cover), pry it up and push in the new one. Look at the difference from old to new grommet! Variable Camshaft Timing Solenoid2.jpg

Back