D

donnyonee

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2003 3xblk 33,000 im trying to convert to wood trim interior
ive bought the shift knob
and a wood dash kit
and even a wood trim steering wheel

stock wheel removal - but il be darn if I can't pop out the plastic plugs on the front? side of the stock wheel to get at the air bag screws.
there is a small indent for each 1 but I can't seem to get a small screwdriver or pick, to pop the plug out,
even with factory manual?
anyone been there done this?
thanks
don

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I added the model year to your subject.
model-year-TBF.jpg

Attachments

• model-year-TBF.jpg
    model-year-TBF.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
2003 3xblk 33,000 im trying to convert to wood trim interior
ive bought the shift knob
and a wood dash kit
and even a wood trim steering wheel

stock wheel removal - but il be darn if I can't pop out the plastic plugs on the front? side of the stock wheel to get at the air bag screws.
there is a small indent for each 1 but I can't seem to get a small screwdriver or pick, to pop the plug out,
even with factory manual?
anyone been there done this?
thanks
don
Please be care full working around the steering wheel. Have you disconnected the battery terminals first. Al so you should wait several hours for the system to discharge before attempting any work on it.

Removed my steering wheel about two years ago to replace clockspring that I messed up, to remove the
plugs I took a pointed tool much like an Ice Pick and stuck it in the small round indention and pried out
the plug, it came out easily, to gain access to the nuts inside.

Careful with the airbag.Steeringwheel.jpg

Back