2003 Grey/Saddle T-Bird COMMENTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jimjet:
So David, (A). You're killing us.. What did you decide? I see there is some other people that have seen the gray/saddle and have commented positively on other topics.

Local Dealer here in Austin has Black w/saddle not too bad, The original post here was more orange color (yuk) in real life more of a peanut butter dark color. With black not too bad.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

On Tuesday, we changed the order to Evening Black from Mountain Shadow Grey and retained the saddle interior option. I feel that, because the car looks so good and sleek in black anyway, you get a double treat when you see the saddle seats against the backdrop of black ink on the rest of the interior. It is very bold and sporty looking and is extremely striking.

I think you may have made a mistake, The grey/saddle looks super (I got mine 12-17-02) I also had the top removed and had it painted diamond white (to match my wifes escalade, IT LOOKS FINE !!!!
we all have our own tastes don't we ?

I have no doubt that the grey/saddle is very nice. I was getting anxious with my order in and not being able to see one. As I said, the pictures in the brochure are beautiful....the car in person is probably as well...I just don't know. I have always liked the car in black and when I saw one with the saddle interior, there was really no doubt that I really liked it. I don't think my decision was so much the worry of what the saddle would look like with the grey. I believe I simply decided that I didn't want a grey car afterall. Even though they are all beautiful, I just really like it in black and always have!

A: I hope you like "orangatan orange" cause that's what the "saddle" interior looks like. IMO.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Saw the Mountain Shadow Grey 2003 T-Bird at the San Diego Auto Show on Jan 1st. It had the black interior. Looked good!
I noticed that the boot was made from a soft 'foamy' type material... very different from the boot on my 2002. The new boot looks like it can be folded into a relatively small bundle.... unlike the 2002 boot which barely folks in two.
Ford also had a Sky Blue 2003 Bird on display. It had a black/white interior. Looked nice, but not as good as the Grey Bird.

------------------
Triple Black
Premium

A, (David), I think you made a good choice. I think if I had to choose all over again. We probably would have chosen black with the saddle interior. My wife wanted a black car.
I just got back in town and am working on selecting color for wood kit interior to match saddle seats

I saw a grey Bird with saddle interior today at my dealership when I was picking up my Blackbird from its 22,500 miles service. I think that the saddle interior is definitely going to be a love it or hate it thing. I think that it looks orange and it was not the best looking saddle interior that I have seen. Just my opinion.

Jimjet:

I have seen a couple of posting regarding a "wood kit interior" and frankly do not know what it is. My dealer said nothing about it and I can't find anything that exlains it. Could you clarify?

Lyle

Lyle, there are several companies out there that make an interior door/dash/console trim kit for the Tbird. I chose the one at www.exoticwooddash.com Go to 2002Thunderbird or WD438 schematic. You have full/partial choices from aluminum and solid colors to different wood species. Please be aware that part #11 has not been modified for 2003 seat heater switches. Make sure you use Probond prior to install to increase adhesion quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back