• Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here

• Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 4th of July Special Offer **LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS** Guest! You can upgrade your account today and unlock member only features of the site and remove all Google/Amazon ads! Click here to learn more. Thanks for supporting the club!

2002-2003-2004-2005 Ford Thunderbird instrument cluster repair

biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Does anyone know what component fails in the instrument cluster? Are there multiple problems, or does a solder line crack, or is it another componemt that fails?

If the cluster is Unmodified they usually do not fail, HOWEVER; if the dash lights don't work one may think its the cluster but its most certainly the FEM (Front Electronics Module) located behind the driver's kick panel and those are repairable to restore the lighting....if the dash lighting is out AND the center console shoft indicator light (PRNDL) is ALSO out then its absolutely the FEM.

Repair Link- https://ebay.us/iBkiek

Thunderbird 2002 to 2005 Instrument Cluster (Speedometer Panel) Repair & Return . for Thunderbird Years of: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Problems: such as BATTERY DRAIN, Does Not CRANK at all, will be fixed.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
This happens on and off , headlights flicker, then go out, along with tail lights and dashboard-speedo. Turn signal indicator on the dash still works. Super dangerous, as during daytime driving I believe my signals are working..... Problem solves itself eventually, until next time. Where to start troubleshooting?

This happens on and off , headlights flicker, then go out, along with tail lights and dashboard-speedo. Turn signal indicator on the dash still works. Super dangerous, as during daytime driving I believe my signals are working..... Problem solves itself eventually, until next time. Where to start troubleshooting?
Sounds like the issue is on the side of the positive fuse box that is not on the ignition switch. If it was a grounding issue then the whole vehicle would be affected. Also, it seems as though none of the lights that run through the computer are affected. I would be looking for a wiring issue between the battery and fuse box. Turn on the headlights and start jiggling.

I have had the instrument cluster rebuilt by a company that I found on eBay and this is the third time and I’m still having problems. Is it possibly a ground or some type of wiring problems somewhere?

My whole instrument cluster turns on and off as you’re driving it Normally when you started, it starts going on and off after you drive it for a little while it’ll start to work properly and then every so often it’ll go on and off completely. The whole thing goes dead, and then the whole thing comes back on. When the whole thing goes dead, the single lights don’t work. The power steering doesn’t work and all of the gauges don’t work.

I have had the instrument cluster rebuilt and this is the third time and I’m still having problems.
What happened the first time you got it back? Did it work? If so how long? Has it ever worked correctly after sending it in for repair? Who did you send it to all three times and what have they told you?

So the first time I got it back, it worked for a while and then started doing the same thing flashing on and off. Call them never really got a clear explanation if something was wrong with it or not so when I sent it back the second time basically the same thing happened. Now I’m on the third time and I’m not sending back just yet this time you’ll do it for a while after you start the car but then I’ll stop and start acting correctly until you turn it off and it does the same thing flashing on and off The name of the company is Auto circuit solutions. They advertise a lifetime warranty

Back