2003 Bird A/C refill problem

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
AMX
Last seen
I know where the low pressure nipple is to fill the 134, but what a horrible place to put it, (another one of Fords better ideas.) Well, after a scraped wrist and sore back and trying to get the fill hose to lock on and oil spraying out I gave up. I could not even use my manifold gauges because the lo and high ports are so far apart my hoses would not reach After some cursing and taking a break, I finally tried another fill hose, one with the brass fittings and it went right on. I suggest not to use a cheap filler hose with the plastic fitting cause it will not lock on the nipple at least on my Bird cause of the confined space. although it works on my S10 Exreme and Kia Sorento because everything is on top. Still looking on E Bay for a gauge that will fit into that confined space.

To add refrigerant you really do not need to connect the high
side hose. The low side only will do the trick.

If you still had gas in the system,, simply adding will do the trick. If system was completely empty,, you’ll need to vacuumthe system. BTW, if you have a leak, have it fix. Adding gas every year is not ideal. I’m a certified hvac mecanic..

What about a solution to recharging the AC system? Thought I'd ask before repairing and recharging mine.

Back