2003 bird 007 edition | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 bird 007 edition

• Thread starter Thread starter anthony viceroy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anthony viceroy

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO RESPOND TO MY 03 QUESTION/BIRD.I BOUGHT 1 TODAY (CAR OF MY DREAMS) 03 LTD 007 CORAL. PAID $38,925 +TAX. FEEL I GOT GREAT DEAL. CALLED DLRS.IN 5 STATES. LOWEST WAS $41,700. WAS THIS GOOD PRICE? ALSO HOW ARE 02/03 BIRDS MECHANICALLY? ANY IDEAS HOW TO KEEP WHITE LEATHER CLEAN & FROM CRACKING? ANTHING I SHOULD KEEP MY EYE ON? COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT W/OUT ALL YOUR HELP. LETS HAVE A GIANT RALLY,I'L BRING THE DOO WOP MUSIC!!! ANY BODY FROM N.J., N .Y., CT.??? AGAIN, THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, TONY VICEROY

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tony:
MaGuires has a leather treatment that should work out well for you on that leather.
They also have a great vinyl/rubber protectant that I use on the dash and rubber parts. I believe it keeps the dash fresh since it has UV40 protectant that reduces outgassing and therefore minimizes the cloudy haze on the interior of the windshield. As for protecting the rubber, it was very expensive to replace on my '56 so I'm being proactive this time..
Good luck

new t-Bird

Tony,
congrats! on your new "007" . I know it is beautiful. I am trying to choose between that one and Desert Sky. Thanks for posting price. That sounds like a good deal . Hoping I get close to that myself. But, I am in Fl. where these cars sell well...Brenda councill@*************

Tony,

You asked about the leather, and I do have one tip for you.

I have a yellow 'Bird with yellow seats, and I have found that dye from my jeans and/or leather belt has stained the back of my seats irrevocably. Nothing gets the dye out, including any and all leather cleaning products from Meguiar's, 3M, etc. I've tried it all.

So be careful when wearing denim and leather!

Tony,

A friend told me about LEXOL. They have products fro leather and vinyl/rubber/plastic. I checked them out and it seems to be used widely with professionals. They are PH balanced products formualted for auto leather. I bought some on Monday and going to apply it over this weekend. One bottle cleans without stripping, the other bottle preserves and anti aging without greasy residue. Below is the web address for LEXOL.

http://www.lexol.com/newauto.html

Todd -- Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.