2003 Air Filter, Eng. Breather Hose Fitting Broke Off, how to fit.

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2003 Thunderbird, had to remove the air filter assy. And when I was putting it back together, installing the 1/2” clean air hose on the plastic fitting at the air tube Assy. the plastic fitting broke off.

I tried to use super glue but it was not strong enough to hold the broken tube piece on.

I then used J B Weld.

I cleaned off the super glue and I mixed up the J B weld and put a small amount of the mixture around the tube piece where it broke off. Then I put the broken tube piece in place where it broke off from.

I was able to hold the broken piece on by putting a long machine screw with a washer, big enough to cover the hole at the head, thru the opening in the tube. Then using a large flat washer and nut on the inside of the intake Assy. and tightened the screw just enough to hold the piece in place. Then put the J B weld mixture around the broken part and the intake Assy. To strengthen the shoulder of the small tube to Assy. Let it get hard for 6 hours, or more, then remove the screw from the Assy. And clean off any drips of the J B Weld on the inside.

Attachments

• air far.jpg
    air far.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
  • air hose close.jpg
    air hose close.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
That'll prob do, for plasticy repairs I mostly use Devcon Plastic Welder; I've done some pretty amazing repairs with the stuff...

2003 Thunderbird, had to remove the air filter assy. And when I was putting it back together, installing the 1/2” clean air hose on the plastic fitting at the air tube Assy. the plastic fitting broke off.

I tried to use super glue but it was not strong enough to hold the broken tube piece on.

I then used J B Weld.

I cleaned off the super glue and I mixed up the J B weld and put a small amount of the mixture around the tube piece where it broke off. Then I put the broken tube piece in place where it broke off from.

I was able to hold the broken piece on by putting a long machine screw with a washer, big enough to cover the hole at the head, thru the opening in the tube. Then using a large flat washer and nut on the inside of the intake Assy. and tightened the screw just enough to hold the piece in place. Then put the J B weld mixture around the broken part and the intake Assy. To strengthen the shoulder of the small tube to Assy. Let it get hard for 6 hours, or more, then remove the screw from the Assy. And clean off any drips of the J B Weld on the inside.
I did one with hot melt glue. 2 yrs so far. Cheers

Back