2002 - Windows don't retract with convertible top

VolleyballJIM

VolleyballJIM

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi...Enjoyed my windows retracting when I would open/close my door (to allow them to seal better than if they were "fully up" while closing my doors). I noticed now that my hardtop is OFF, they no longer do that (or I'm missing something in this function). Now I have to lower my windows before closing my doors to ensure they close properly; is there any way to "turn that function on" while the convertible top is on? Can't believe there is a sensor that halted that function, but it did happen as soon as I took the hard top off.

mine works with the top off. does the window go down when auto button pushed? has the battery died at some point? it may just need to be cycled

My windows go down, no problem, but not sure what "auto button" you mean (the window up/down button)?

Jim,

The correct way to reset the window memory (anytime the battery is disconnected) is to get in with the window down and close the door. Put the window full up, and hold the button for 2-3 seconds to reset the memory. Then put the window full down and hold the button for 2-3 seconds to reset the memory. Repeat on the passenger side.

Hope this helps.

Jim,

The correct way to reset the window memory (anytime the battery is disconnected) is to get in with the window down and close the door. Put the window full up, and hold the button for 2-3 seconds to reset the memory. Then put the window full down and hold the button for 2-3 seconds to reset the memory. Repeat on the passenger side.

Hope this helps.
Wow, I'm ON this...THanks Pete! This forum is amazing!

Wow, I'm ON this...THanks Pete! This forum is amazing!
I simply used the switch on each door...put the window all the way down...I didn't hold it...then I put it up all the way...I didn't hold it...its worked properly since. Threebird

I simply used the switch on each door...put the window all the way down...I didn't hold it...then I put it up all the way...I didn't hold it...its worked properly since. Threebird
My wife used to hold the button after it was all the way up (this was on another Ford) and it busted a couple teeth off the track so it wouldn't go all the way up anymore. I don't know if the window guts are the same but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way if you know what I mean. Just my opinion...Threebird

The hold feature to reset the window s is in the owner's manual. The holding of the up/ down buttons is the way it is done. There will not be any damage to the window operation. Read your owner's manual. Don't have one? There are available here on this site as a PDF.

Jim,

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Back