2002 Trunk & Map light not working

Hello all. I’m going through my new to me 02 and so far everything is working except the trunk light. I’ve the thread and my switch is working. When pressed the “door open “ light turns off and on. I’ve bought a new bulb but still no dice. Nothing is in the manual about it, not even the correct bulb number. Any suggestions?

Hello all. In trying to solve my trunk light issue, I saw this. Maybe the car has to have a certain “package”? There isn’t anything connected here. Are your cars the same?0A3536D4-4F51-4A1B-98BB-13F91D5163A1.jpeg

Not sure why the trunk light is not working. There is no power to the trunk switch but there is power to the light 12 volts but no negative. Checked the negative wire to ground with an ohms meter and it has lot of resistance, does not go directly to ground. looks like it goes to the rear module first. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct about the current flow going from the lamp and continuing on into the REM. The REM does the switching but the current must pass through the luggage compartment switch then to ground allowing the lamp to turn on. You may have a faulty switch or it could be the REM.
My bet is on the switch.

Back