2002 Thunderbird soft boot pattern

I used to dabble in leatherwork/upholstery still have my machines I can’t imagine a decent trim shop couldnt Make one if they had a pattern.if I had the motivation I’d give it a whack.hardest part would be sourcing a fabric close to the oem material.as a default I would use cordura which comes in enough colors to coordinate with the oem colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent J&R my old boot and money to cover the cost of material then all I get was excuses. You know the kind, the UPS truck crashed or the check is in the mail. He ripped me off. Don't deal with him.

OK. I see the "place" i mentioned has a "last one of it's kind, never used" 02 boot for sale. You need to win the lottery to afford it.
I found an 02 boot on Facebook marketplace for 350 last spring. Practically brand new. Maked all the difference in the world to the look of the car. It doesn't fold easily but I feel I can live with it.

@Gus Gutz........That sucks that J&R is not reputable, I had high hopes. There has GOT to be a member who knows of a reputable business that will take this project on. We could probably do an advance sign-up because I am sure there are a lot of owners on this site that would be interested in a reasonably priced version. Are there any members in Yuma who could pay J&R a visit to see what the story is? I'd just go in and say I needed a boot cover, what is the cost and the time frame, then let us all know. If he says no problem, then we'll know he's knowingly engaging in deceptive business practices. Gus, how far are you from J&R? Too far to visit? Small claims court would be the way to go if you're local.

The Beave,

If you read other posts which are from same time period, there have been problems with J&R. To answer T-Bird's comment of 02 vs. other years. They are interchangeable with respect to the attachment points and install procedure and either design will fit any car. The 02's were designed with a hard stiffner inside that only kind of folded in the middle so it would fit in the trunk while the later designs weren't as stiff and folded into thirds making for more compact storage.

Back