2002 Thunderbird Screen Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this and thought you all might be interested. It does not allow you to install your own pictures but does have some of the nice Ford promo shots, about 12 of them.

2002T-bird.exe

Download the file named above, it is about 2.44MB so it will take some time to download on a 56K modem.

Interesting though, in one of the shots the center caps on the wheels are missing.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Jodrod:

I installed this screensaver. Your right - nice shots. Sure beats the Windows XP screensavers.

jodrod, just installed the screensaver,a lot nicer then the one I had from the Ford site that I installed months ago.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

I've got the Car & Driver NM screen saver but I'll try yours Joe
P.S. just downloaded, TERRIFIC thanks Joe
------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental & waiting for red/red/blk #2 of 2 premium Bird (also Vin-less)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

jodrod,

Can't seem to get the screensaver to download. Says the "install file appears to be damaged - get a fresh copy" ? I'm not very computer literate so it might be something I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

2K2BIRD,

I just went out to the site and downloaded the copy with no problem. I did not install it as I already have it on my computer.

I am using Netscape 4.73 with the smartdownload software available from them.

I am not a computer expert and with all the combinations available, it is hard to say exactly what is going on.

If you continue to have problems, let me know and I can email it to you.

I see in your profile that you are a Mark Martin fan. I have been a Rousch fan since the early 80's when he was running Mustangs in Trans-Am. Rousch Industries, by the way, were the one's that did the fan module fix on the early Birds caught in the quality hold.

tr cruiser sent it to me via email and it is running fine - thanks tr!!

Yes jodrod, I'm a big Mark Martin fan (here's hoping 2002 is a little more like his normal greatness than 2001 was). Roush does amazing work with vehicles. Glad he is a FORD guy. Only about 6 weeks till Daytona, wahoo!! Go 6 car, go!

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

2k2bird, I like Mark Martin BUT my man has been Mr. BILL sence 1984 and I can't change just because he changed car makes. I am a die hard Bill fan. Although I would really like to see Mark win a championship. He deserves it. BUT Bill could use another one too.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Yes, it tickled me to see Bill win one this year. He's really a FORD guy at heart, anyway. I don't care who else wins a championship as long a as Mark gets one before he retires. He deserves it with some of the years he has had. He had one stolen by NASCAR in '91. That's the worst thing about Winston Cup is the arbitrary penalties NASCAR gives out. A lot depends on who you are or who the owner is, not what you do. Not to speak ill of the dead, but Earnhardt got away with stuff the vast majority of the rest of the field would have been penalized for. Saw it time and again. Funny how when some folks get aggressive or bend the rules its just racing, but for others it costs them dearly.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

I agree, that driver is the one I use to hate. But now he is gone but I think his son is going to take his place if Tony Stewert doesn't do it first.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

2K2BIRD,
I have also been trying to download the screensaver, with problems. I have a smart download program, with IE 6.0, and have gotten the "problem with installer..." message. From what I have determined, the file has not been completely downloaded, but the browser or program somehow thinks it has and tries to run it anyway. I have noticed that it has downloaded 16%, 12%, etc. and RealDownload tries to run it, with the error message. Don't know if it has something to do with Internet traffic or bandwidth problems on Yahoo groups or not, but I am going to keep on trying until I get 100% downloaded before trying to run it. Am up to 50% on this 4th try, so I am sure that eventually I should be able to get it all and properly run it.

Good luck and perserverance to anyone else trying to download it and experiencing this problem!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back