2002 thunderbird blue two tone interior conversions

R

Robert Svoboda

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am working for a collector who has purchased a 2002 Thunderbird. The model purchased has the monotone interior. I am interested in best way to convert the single tone interior into the two tone interior to match the thunderbird blue exterior panels. Are there available after market interior parts? Can and how can any of the hard plastic panels be painted? Any input or information would be greatly appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Are there available aftermarket interior parts? Can and how can any of the hard plastic panels be painted? Any input or information would be greatly appreciated.
They only made about 68,000 of these cars. You are not going to find any aftermarket interior parts or OEM for that matter. I assume painting the hard plastic is the same procedure for all cars? You can look at our media gallery for some photos- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/thunderbird-photos/albums/

Last edited:
I am working for a collector who has purchased a 2002 Thunderbird. The model purchased has the monotone interior. I am interested in best way to convert the single tone interior into the two tone interior to match the thunderbird blue exterior panels. Are there available after market interior parts? Can and how can any of the hard plastic panels be painted? Any input or information would be greatly appreciated.
In my humble opinion, it is simply too much work and too expensive. Your collector would be better off if he sold the car and bought one in the color he likes.

My car was completely retouched on the interior, and they used a spray, mat black spray that I only noticed on a very sunny day while I was drying because a few flecks of the spray hit a place where it shouldn't be - and it was easily removed once I saw it. I can show you how they refreshed my interior. Also, there is one person that is selling parts on this site - he listed a year or two ago, how he had actual FORD parts and interior panels were some of those parts - they aren't cheap, though, as he explained, since they are actual Ford parts left over from productions lines that have long since been discontinued by Ford.

Check my reply history and you will see how I am following him and messaged him just in the past 2 months.
lmc

Outstanding job, I resprayed several of my interior hard plastic panels and faded speaker covers with Rustoleum Satin Apple and its a near perfect match for the '02 interior red. However this did not work well on the softer plastic like the glove box door for some reason. Fortunately I sprayed a test area on the back of the door first so no harm done when I found this out, so I left it alone...
That may require an interior "dye" and not just plastic paint.

This is a black panel I resprayedIMG_1568.jpgIMG_1568.jpg

My wife has a blue exterior and black interior. I think I can paint out the plastics to match the blue but anyone know where I could get the blue shifter knob?

Back